Vancouver College, a Christian Brothers School, founded in 1922, is a Catholic school for boys with over 1,000 students from K – Grade 12. The school is well known for its spiritual program, outstanding academics, an expansive extra and co-curricular program and high caliber teaching staff.
The policy of Vancouver College is to hire, when available, qualified Catholics, who in addition to carrying out their professional responsibilities will model the values espoused by Blessed Edmund Rice as articulated by the schools Essential Elements.
Vancouver College has an opportunity for an experienced accountant to assist the Senior Controller in preparation of financial reporting for the School and its related fundraising entities. This opportunity will appeal to a CPA student with at least one year’s experience, or to an individual with equivalent accounting experience. This position reports directly to the Senior Controller.
- Process accounts payables and receivables
- Prepare month-end journal entries
- Completes bank reconciliations
- Prepare financial statements
- Prepare GST & PST reporting
- Assist in preparing annual charity reporting, annual audit working papers, and tax receipting
- Assist Senior Controller in other accounting tasks as needed
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Excel
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks within deadlines
- Comfortable with a busy office environment
- Able to work well independently and in a small team
Please submit résumé by Wednesday, January 25th, 2017 to:
Mrs. Jane Wong, Senior Controller – Vancouver College
5400 Cartier Street, Vancouver, BC V6M 3A5
Expected start date: March 2017
Teacher On Call
Vancouver College is looking for qualified K-12 Teachers on Call
- Grade and Curricular area expertise will vary according to need.
- Carry out lesson plan delivery as required
- Supervision of students as required.
- Working knowledge of current pedagogy, sound assessment practices and proper supervision of students
Application: Submit a resume to Mr. Johnny Bevacqua, Principal of Vancouver College, care of email@example.com
Employment Start Date: Successful candidates will be placed on a TOC list and called in as required.