The VC Fighting Irish Varsity Football Team will take on Lord Tweedsmuir on Saturday, September 16 for the annual Vancouver College Homecoming Football Game!
VC Reunions take place throughout the year. A representative or representatives of the grad class organize their own reunions. The VC Alumni Association has a starter package that will outline what is needed to make an incredible reunion. 5 years, 10 years, 20 years, 50 years, all reunions are welcome. We encourage class reunions to be organized around the Annual Homecoming Game (late September or early October). Examples of activities for your reunion include:
- Plan an evening in the Alumni Room or cafeteria (pizza & beer or a full catered dinner). Organize a tour of the school.
- Plan a Pub Night
- Organize a golf tournament or enter the Alumni Golf Tournament in September with your classmates
Organize a BBQ at someone’s house or in a local park
- Set up a softball or flag football game or some other athletic event
- Pair up with your counterparts at Little Flower Academy (or York House or Crofton House) to plan a joint event
- Invite former teachers or coaches
- If your class was well connected in your era, invite classmates in the year before or after to join you
- For those who can’t make your event, encourage them to send a bio of what they have been up to with a photo or two (email with digital pictures works best although regular mail works if you have enough lead time). Have the photos printed and circulate them at your event
- Consider asking for donations from your classmates to the Bursary Fund at Vancouver College (perhaps $10 for each year since graduation) Any cheques should be payable to the Vancouver College Millennium Foundation. All such donations will receive an Income Tax Receipt
- Organize an evening boat cruise in the Vancouver harbour
- Take lots of photos. Try and get a group picture. Send them to the entire class (with a copy to the Advancement Office at VC for inclusion in the Irish Review)
- You may with to have your event coincide with a VC event (e.g. the annual Homecoming Football Game at O’Hagan Field). A table can be reserved for your class in the Beer tent and those attending can be introduced at half time
If you're looking for your classmates, the best place to start is our online Alumni E-Directory. You can sign up if you haven't already joined or you may contact email@example.com if you need further assistance.
The Alumni Association and VC's Alumni Relations Office can put together a class list for the class representative to help him get started. Also, we have a network of alumni owned and operated venues around the lower mainland that are great places to host the event, and usually they throw in a pretty good deal.
Each reunion is different but every reunion is a lot of fun. If you are interested in taking a lead role in reuniting classmates and keeping your grad year updated on alumni activities and the school, please email Mark Reid (VC '86), the VCAA reunion liaison. Mark will connect you with school's Alumni Relations office regarding booking any of the school facilities at VC (Alumni Room, Gym, Cafeteria etc.).