VC Millennium Foundation
The Vancouver College Millennium Foundation (VCMF) was incorporated under the Society Act of the Province of British Columbia in April 2003, and is tax-exempt as a registered charity and public foundation under the Income Tax Act. VCMF is a completely separate legal entity from Vancouver College Limited, the company that owns the land and buildings of Vancouver College.
History of the VCMF
Vancouver College started as a vision of the Reverend Father Welch, then administrator of Holy Rosary Cathedral in 1906, who urged the Christian Brothers to create a Catholic School for boys. In 1922, four Christian Brothers, Reid, Murtagh, Keane and Lannon arrived in Vancouver. The first classes were held in St. Mary’s Hall on Richards Street. By 1924, the Brothers realized they would need space to accommodate the growing enrollment. A site was chosen and in 1925, Vancouver College opened its doors on Cartier Street. The school is what it is today thanks to donations throughout the years from generous benefactors.
The support of alumni, parents, and friends over the years has allowed the College to maintain its high standard and profile and contributed immensely to its success. With aging buildings and increased demand of students in the pursuit of excellence led to the creation of the Vancouver College Millennium Foundation in 2003. The Foundation provides the vehicle to handle bequests and donations from annual and capital funds.
- Mike McIsaac VC ’87
- Archbishop Michael Miller, CSB
- James Clarke
- Sharon Federal
- Jeffrey Lowe
- Marilu Mayuga