TODAY'S PRAYER is by Aiden L and Kolby M.
As a faith and learning community, we begin our day in the name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit.Lord, we praise and thank you for the gift of this day and the night’s rest.
Lord, guide us through the school year and help us achieve above and beyond our expectations.
Father, on this feast day of St. Elizabeth of Hungary, we see the example of someone who was very privileged and yet spent her life helping the marginalized: help us to take action to help those in need of solace or a home instead of ignoring them, especially refugees and victims of terror attacks.
As well, give us the strength to endure any hardships, because life is full of them, and mulling over our problems will only make the experience more painful.
We also pray today for the swim team and Mrs. Rapier. May they swim well and help Mrs. Rapier in her role of coordinator of the Provincial Swim Meet.
Be with us Lord throughout this day in our teaching, learning and all our activities.
May everything we do and say be guided by Gospel Values, by the way Jesus would want us to treat one another as we are Called to Collaborate and share responsibility in our mission
We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour.
Blessed Edmund Rice...pray for us.
Live Jesus in our Hearts...Forever.
In the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.
Friday, November 17, 2017
"Call for Collaboration and Shared Responsibility in Our Mission"
- Attention all Math Students:The University of Waterloo Math Contests (CIMC (Grade 9/10) and CSMC (Grade 11/12) are next Wednesday, November 22. Please sign up with Mrs. Zelis if you are interested.
- Those Grade 12 students interested in attending Encounter 80 need to pick up and return a permission form.There are only a few permission forms remaining.
- Any Grade 9-10 students who are interested in playing field lacrosse this year for the Junior Varsity team, there will be a brief info meeting in Mr. Esaw's room B243 TODAY at both Middle and Senior School Lunch. All are welcome, no experience necessary.
- Congratulations to the JV football team~they defeated Seaquam yesterday 28 - 8. The defence played incredibly with a special shout out to Simon Smith and Ryan Hsaio, whom the Seaquam coaches said were ‘overwhelming’. The JV Football team moves on to play the JV Mt Doug Rams in the Provincial semi finals at Burnaby Lakes, next Thursday at 5 pm.
- Chess club TODAY. Meet in Senior library.
- Gr. 9 Immunizations will take place TODAY.
- President’s Honour Society photo’s are available in the main office.
Post Secondary Presentations
(Additional information can be found on the school website under Student Services)
McGill Information Sessions:
Saturday, November 18 at 2:00 pm - York House School.
Tuesday, November 21 from 7:00 - 8:00 pm - Collingwood School (Theatre)
Saturday, November 18 from 10:00 am - 4:00 pm - UBC Applied Science (Engineering, Nursing, Architecture and Landscape Architecture and Community and Regional Planning) Open House.