Vancouver College safety guidelines and protocols for the 2021-2022 academic year can be found below, created using the following three guiding principles:
- Safeguarding the health of our students, staff, and entire community as much as is reasonably possible.
- Optimizing the learning experience of every boy on a daily basis.
- Ensuring our culture is nourished by supporting what makes VC special: our relationships, our co-curricular athletics & arts programs, and, especially, our faith community.
We strongly recommend all members of our community to get fully vaccinated, including staff, parents, and students aged 12 and up. The vaccines have been rigorously tested and approved by Health Canada. By getting vaccinated you are protecting your personal health and others around you, including the most vulnerable.
As our world continues to grapple with many challenges, know that together, we are stronger, mutually supportive, and thoughtfully prepared to face any difficulty.
This page will be update as needed based on guidance issued by the Provincial Health Officer, BC Centre for Disease Control, WorkSafeBC, and the Ministry of Education.
Page last updated - August 24, 2021
- What do I do if my son is sick?
- What happens if there is a COVID-19 case at VC?
- Will students be wearing masks at all times?
- Will the Cafeteria open this year?
- How will I receive information from the school?
- Do I need to continue to wear a mask even though I am fully vaccinated?
- Is the COVID-19 vaccine mandatory?