Middle School Academics
The Middle School, comprising of students in Grades 7 – 9, takes into consideration that the jump from Elementary to High School is the biggest adjustment a young boy must make during his High School years.
With this in mind, Middle School staff work very hard at nurturing and caring for your sons. By working in partnership with the parents, it is our hope that we can assist your sons in making their journey through adolescence and Middle School a smoother one.
The staff of the Middle School is committed to creating a Christian environment, providing role models, and offering education experiences which lead to the development of the whole child.
We believe all students …
- can learn and succeed but not in the same way.
- need compassion.
- have the ability to change.
- need to learn responsibility and be accountable for their actions.
- need to feel safe.
What we do. …
- Establish clear outcomes.
- Model expected behaviour.
- Provide for individual differences.
- Evaluate students on what is expected.
- Try to always remember that the teacher-student relationship extends beyond the mere transmission of knowledge and touches the hearts and minds of growing young people.
We want all students to …
- acquire and maintain a positive self image.
- be responsible for their choices and actions.
- cure and respect themselves and others around them.
- be inspired lifelong learners.
We know that …
- Students learn at different rates and different ways.
- Direct teacher intervention helps students succeed.
- Students need to be held accountable for their actions.
- All students will meet high expectations.
- Students need guidance, support, and stability.
In June, there are a number of students who are judged worthy of special recognition. Two students from every homeroom in the Middle School will be awarded either the Edmund Rice or Finnegan Award. This year we have also included the Br. Newman Spirit Award. In addition, two Grade 9 students will be awarded the Dumont Family Award for excellence as the Middle School Student of the Year.