- What is the Application Process?
- Where can I get an Application Package?
- Is there an application fee?
- What supporting documents do I need to submit?
- What are the selection criteria?
- At what grade levels are students accepted?
- What are the tuition fees?
- Is tuition the same if I have more than one son at VC?
- Does Vancouver College offer any tuition financial assistance?
- When is the application deadline?
- What is the Open House and when is it?
- What do I need to know about applying for Kindergarten?
- What do I need to know about applying for Elementary School (Grades 1- 6)?
- What do I need to know about applying for Middle School (Grades 7, 8 and 9)?
- What do I need to know about applying for Senior School (Grades 10, 11 and 12)?
- What does an International Student need to know about applying to Vancouver College?
- Do I need to write an Entrance/Placement exam?
- If my son wrote the Entrance/Placement Exam last year, does he have to write it again this year?
- What if my son has an IEP?
- When are we notified about our son’s application status?
- My son did not get accepted for this school year, what are our next steps?
- Is there any after school care?
Please note the Application Process for the 2019-2020 School Year is now closed. Details on the process for the 2020-2021 School Year will be posted online Fall 2019.
- Complete an Application Package and submit to the Registrar (faxed or emailed applications are NOT accepted).
- Application packages are accepted at any time throughout the year, however applications for the 2019-2020 school year MUST be received by Friday, January 18, 2019.
- Remit the $150 non-refundable application fee.
- Attend the Annual Open House
- Write the Entrance/Placement Exam on Saturday, January 26, 2019 if you are applying for Grades 4, 7, 8 or 9.
- All Kindergarten applicants will be contacted for a personal interview with the Assistant Principal.
- Qualified Senior School and Middle School applicants may be interviewed.
- All applicants are notified regarding the status of their application by the first week of March 2019.
Priority consideration will be given to applicants who have a sibling attending Vancouver College, sons or grandsons of alumni, sons of current staff members, and Catholic applicants. All admission decisions will be made by the Principal, along with the Assistant Principals of each section (i.e. Elementary, Middle, and Senior Schools). In all of the above cases, extenuating circumstances may be considered and may affect application priorities.
Families in need of the Family Discount MUST complete a "Request for Family Discount" form and submit with registration or re-registration package ANNUALLY. Please complete the form in its entirety and a meeting with the Business Manager may be required.
Discounts are not automatically given to families with multiple sons attending Vancouver College.
Please note that any amount taken as a family discount will be reflected as a decrease in the charitable portion of your tuition for which you receive a tax receipt.
For the 2019-2020 school year the discount is $1,600 for the 2nd son, $3,600 for the 3rd son, and $5,650 for the 4th son, with no tuition payable for the 5th son.
Changes to the Family Discount for the 2020-2021 school year will be determined by the Board of Directors at their January 2020 meeting.
The application process for the 2019-2020 school year is now closed. Key dates for the 2020-2021 school year will be posted in Fall 2019.
Vancouver College offers two Kindergarten classes of 13 students each. To be eligible for Kindergarten, boys must have turned five by December 31st of the year they begin Kindergarten.
Form D.2 must be completed by a teacher from the applicant's pre-school (if applicable) and submitted with the application package.
All Kindergarten applications are evaluated and applicants will be contacted for a personal interview with the Assistant Principal.
Elementary Assistant Principal: Ms. Barbara Seppelt
Vancouver College accepts applications for all grade levels; however, in Elementary School, currently two (2) spaces are offered in Grade 4. Applicants for other grades are placed on a waiting list and should an opening occur, successful applicants are notified.
Grade 4 applicants are required to write an entrance/placement exam. The exam date for 2020-2021 applicants will be announced in Fall 2019.
Elementary Assistant Principal: Ms. Barbara Seppelt
Typically there are 30 spaces offered in Grade 7 and 100 spaces in Grade 8.
Applicants for Grade 9 are placed on a waiting list and should an opening occur, qualified applicants may be interviewed.
All students applying for Grades 7, 8 or 9 are required to write an entrance/placement exam. The exam date for 2020-2021 applicants will be announced in Fall 2019.
Middle School Assistant Principal: Mr. Rob Kozikowski
Vancouver College accepts applications for all grade levels. In the event an opening becomes available in Grades 10, 11, or 12, qualified applicants will be interviewed by the Senior School Assistant Principal and/or School Principal.
Senior School Assistant Principal: Mr. Daryl Weaver
While Vancouver College accepts international students, space for such students is limited given that the school serves the local Catholic community. We do not offer an international student program or related services. International Students apply as all other applicants; however, they are required to submit specific supporting documents as indicated on the "Applicant Documentation Checklist for International Students." As education is a partnership between the school and families, we strongly recommend that at least one parent reside with the international student in Greater Vancouver.
Vancouver College does not offer assistance with homestay accommodation, medical insurance, immigration services, etc.
International Students applying to Middle and Senior School (Grade 7 – 12) must submit SSAT results taken within six months of their application. The requirement may be waived if the applicant is currently attending an International School and has sufficient proof of English proficiency that satisfies the Administration's requirements. Proof of proficiency includes a sample of work submitted during that academic year that is signed by the applicant's Principal or Head of School. The SSAT and/or Proof of English Proficiency will take the place of the Vancouver College Entrance/Placement Exam and therefore International students are not required to write this VC exam.
Qualified short listed applicants will be interviewed whether in person or online by the Principal and/or Assistant Principal at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time.
Completed application form and supporting documents must be mailed or couriered to the attention of the Registrar accompanied by the appropriate application fee payable by cheque, bank draft or money order only. We do not accept credit card payments. All submitted documents must be in English or officially translated into English.
If your son currently has an IEP and receives accommodations for writing exams, please communicate your request to Cliona Ryan-Glennon, Director - The Learning Centre by email or phone: email@example.com / 604.261.4285 x250.
Once you commit to your son's learning at VC, we will be in touch to arrange subsequent meetings between April and June, in order to best support him at Vancouver College.
Upon acceptance, parents will be sent a Registration Package. All requested forms and supporting documents must be completed and submitted to the Registrar together with a non-refundable tuition deposit of $1,000 ($3,000 for International Students). Please note the registration will not be processed and completed unless all of the registration requirements are submitted to the school's Registrar by the deadline stated in the letter of acceptance.
The Tuition Statement will be sent in August with details regarding payment options.
As part of our registration process, all families new to Vancouver College are required to meet with the President and/or Director of Advancement of Vancouver College.
The completed form and all requested supporting documentation must be received by the deadline specified. Once these documents are received, the applicant's file will remain active. If these documents are not received, your son will be removed from our waiting list and a new application package, including the application fee, must be submitted in order for your son to be re-considered.
Parents must notify the Registrar of any changes in contact information.