At Vancouver College, we understand that choosing a school for your child involves prayerful consideration, research, and diligence.
We are happy to assist you in this process and encourage you to make the most informed decision possible by visiting our school during our Open House on Tuesday, November 26 , 2019 and learning about the excellent educational opportunities we can offer your son.
Vancouver College Open House
We invite all applicants and their parents to attend the Open House on Tuesday, November 26 from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm.
Deadline for submitting admission applications for the 2020-2021 school year is January 14, 2020.
Applicants entering Grades 4, 7, and 8 are required to write a placement exam scheduled on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
All Kindergarten interviews will take place January 23, 24, 30 and 31 2020. Applicants and their families will be contacted directly to book an interview.
Applicants entering Grades 4, 7, 8, and 9 are required to write a placement exam on Saturday, January 25, 2020.
|Grade 4||Sign In: 8:30 in Manrell Hall||Exam: 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM|
|Grade 7 & 8||Sign In: 8:30 in the Alumni Gymnasium||Exam: 9:00 AM - 12:00 PM|
Students applying for all other grades are not required to write the Entrance Exam. After the Administration team has reviewed all applications and entrance/placement exam results, parents of all applicants will be notified regarding the status of their son's application by the first week of March.
If your son is unable to make the January 25 placement exam , they are able to write this exam on Tuesday, January 28, 2020 from 3:00-6:00 pm. They are asked to meet in the Learning Commons located in Manrell Hall. Please speak to either Barbara Seppelt (Elementary School) or John-Paul Cavalluzzo (Middle School) if additional accommodations need to be made.
The application process for the 2020-2021 school year is now open.
Before you log in to our online application portal please ensure you have the following ready to upload:
We must receive these documents in order to process and consider your application . Failure to upload applicable documents may delay the processing of your son's application.
- A recent picture of your son.
- A copy of your son's report card/assessment for the current school year.
- A copy of your son's final report card from the previous school year.
- If your son is a Canadian Citizen:
- A copy of proof of Canadian citizenship (Birth Certificate or Citizenship Card) or copy of proof of Permanent Residence (Permanent Resident Card or Record of Landing).
- Proof of parental Canadian Citizenship.
- Proof of Residency Address (ie. recent copy of a utility bill, mortgage document, rental agreement, or tax assessment).
- If your son is an International Student:
- A copy of passport pages clearly showing the passport number, date of issue and expiry, name and date of birth.
- A copy of your son’s Birth Certificate.
- If presently in Canada, a copy of the stamp made by Canadian authorities of your son’s most recent entry into Canada PLUS a copy of current immigration document (if applicable).
- Documentation that clarifies parental legal residency status. The following are acceptable documentation: a copy of Birth Certificate, Citizenship Card, Permanent Resident Card, Record of Landing, or Passport showing name, date of birth and passport number.
- SSAT Results (6 month validity) or Proof of English proficiency from International School applicants (ie. sample of work submitted during that academic year signed by the applicant’s Principal or Head of School).
- If applicable:
- Your son’s IEP or CMP documents.
- Legal guardian appointment forms.
- For Catholics: a copy of your son’s baptismal certificate
- Endorsement of Parish Priest or Leader at Place of Worship (Form C) filled out and ready to upload.
- Letters of reference (optional, three letters maximum).
Files may be uploaded in the following formats: Word, JPG, PDF, Text, & PNG
Please also be sure you have access to:
- A printer
- A Visa or MasterCard to process the $175 non-refundable Application Fee
Click the link below when you are ready to log in:
- Create a new account. You will only need to do this once per family and can use the same login information for multiple sons.
- Please note required fields are marked as "Required" and Vancouver College will receive the data exactly as it is entered. Please be careful of spelling, capitalization, and punctuation.
- If you need to exit your web browser at any time during the Application Process, please ensure you save your work by clicking on your initials on the top right side of the webpage, and then clicking "Save & Sign Out.