NEW traffic guidelines for the 2018-2019 school year.
Drop Off and Pick Up Zones (New for 2018/19)
There are only two access points to the school for Grade 1 - 12 students:
- on the east side of Cartier Street for vehicles travelling northbound
- on the west side of Hudson Street for vehicles travelling southbound
Please use the access point based on the direction from which you are approaching the school. A friendly reminder that the staff parking lot is not a drop-off zone for students.
West 38th Avenue between Hudson and Cartier Streets should not be used as this will be used by construction vehicles and will be restricted throughout the year.
Elementary School Pick-Up Procedures
Students in the Elementary School from Kindergarten to Grade 6 will be dismissed directly from their classrooms. All parents must pick their son(s) up from his class at 2:40 pm. We understand that parents must park and walk to the classroom and suggest parking along West 37th Avenue. (Please note: Kindergarten parents are to park and walk their son into the school as per Kindergarten drop off protocol)
- The Fire Department advises that it is dangerous to stop or park on the south side of 38th Avenue to drop off or pick up students, as this hinders the exiting of their trucks from the fire station.
- The school parking lot is for staff use only. There are to be NO drop offs or pick-ups in the school parking lot.
While there is some on-street parking available for vehicles, drivers are reminded to not park in front of homes in our neighbourhood. Please familiarize yourself with the Vancouver College traffic guidelines and the City of Vancouver Parking Bylaws, a copy of which can be obtained from the City Clerk (604-873-7276) or by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cars inappropriately or illegally parked on residential streets may be ticketed and towed. Please be respectful of our neighbours.
We are aware that parents dropping off their sons on the east side of Cartier Street are being ticketed by the City of Vancouver. To prevent ticketing:
- Do NOT stop in the red "Ticketing Area" shown in the picture below. (This area is a 25 meter long stretch in front of the Manrell Hall loading zone, between two No Stopping signs.)
- If you are driving north along the east side of Cartier Street, "Safe Zones" include:
- An 115 meter long stretch that runs alongside O'Hagan field (begins just after 41st Ave) to the start of the "Ticketing Area"
- An 80 meter long stretch that runs north of the "Ticketing Area" between 39th Ave and 38th Ave
- If you are in a "Safe Zone" please do your best to pull all the way up to the corner of Cartier and 38th to give other parents behind you space to stop
- If you are south of the "Ticketing Area" (closer to 41st Ave) and there is no room to pull ahead, feel free to drop your son off alongside O'Hagan field