"We know this is a significant milestone in the lives of our graduates and we aim to celebrate each and every one of our 155 graduates of the Class of 2021 in the coming months.
While the year presented difficulties, the one highlight for me was witnessing the resilience, perseverance, and leadership that each student has shown while navigating through these challenges. I hold a special place in my heart for all that they have been able to accomplish. Gentlemen, you deserve to be celebrated."
- Mr. Frank Trentadue, Senior School Assistant Principal
On the weekend of what would traditionally be their Dinner Dance, we surprised our Grade 12 students with a “Grad Springfest” package, including a meal to enjoy with their household as well as a few special gifts, delivered to their homes by Vancouver College staff members.
On Saturday, May 22, 2021, the Class of 2021 was invited to gather safely with their household and enjoy this meal, while viewing our Traditional Program, found below, which included speeches, toasts, and a few special messages for the Graduates.
As we continue to navigate changing COVID-19 restrictions, we remain committed to celebrating our graduates through a rich, student-centred Commencement Ceremony this June.
Our plan based on restrictions disseminated on April 30, 2021 will be as follows:
- Between June 16-18, 2021, we will pre-film a graduation ceremony on campus in groups of approximately 12 - 14 students. Graduates will gather for commencement while families (one carload of household members only) will be invited but must remain inside their vehicles throughout the ceremony.
- Vehicles will be directed into the courtyard for viewing and will be able to tune in to the ceremony.
- The full Commencement Ceremony, including the awards portion of Graduation, will be released to our community on June 24, 2021.
On June 24, 2021, we plan to invite The Class of 2021 (students only) back to the Vancouver College campus to take part in our traditional Graduation events.
- The Graduation Liturgy will be celebrated in person per Grade 12 learning group by Fathers Min and Conlin at 10 am. We invite you to join us virtually; the mass will be livestreamed to our community through the Vancouver College Youtube Channel.
- Following mass, Graduates will be seated in groups with their Advisory Teacher to share a meal together one last time on campus.
- We will release the video of Commencement Exercises to our community at 5 pm that evening.
Post a message, photo, or video for the Class of 2021 through the Padlet below!
Please allow one school day for your message to appear.