The Vancouver College Alpine team competes on Blackcomb Mountain in Whistler under the Burnaby/Vancouver Race League. The races take place at the Pontiac Race Centre on Blackcomb Mountain's Cougar Milk Run. During the season, The racers receive instruction and coaching on the mountain from the Head Coach, Ms. McDonald and Co-coach, Mr. Mete. Whistler/Blackcomb race instructors are also available for afternoon sessions.
Provincials are held at various mountains throughout BC the first week of March each year. The season consists of one orientation day and five race days (4 Giant Slalom races and 1 Terrain GS race). The Regional Finals occur at the end of the season to determine whether racers qualify for the provincials.
We are currently the defending provincial champions, and our team is ranked 6th in BC.
- Sunday, December 5th 2021 (Mountain Orientation Day)
- Wednesday, Dec 15th 2021 (Race Centre)
- Thursday, January 13th 2022 (Race Centre - Long)
- Friday, January 21st 2022 (Race Centre - Long)
- Wednesday, January 26th 2022 (TGS - Lower Gandy)
- Friday, February 11th (Finals)