The Vancouver College Walkathon is our annual student and faculty-led fundraiser where students from Kindergarten to Grade 12 come together, in true Irish spirit, to achieve a common goal. This long-standing tradition is made possible through the hard work and effort of teachers, students, and parent volunteers.
Walkathon 2019 will take place on Friday, October 11, 2019 at 8:30am, rain or shine!
All students will be dismissed before noon, and will receive a hot dog, bag of chips, and juice box upon their return to VC.
This year, funds raised will go towards furniture in the common area of the new Lannon Hall, where we’ll have our Elementary School classrooms, Chapel, Brothers Residence, “Upper Room” which is our multi purpose room, admin offices, staff room, and our new athletic facility. This gym will be used by the Elementary School boys during school hours and then by other teams as needed after school.
Lannon Hall will re-open for September 2020.
- What is Walkathon?
- When is Walkathon 2019?
- Where do we walk?
- Where does the Walkathon money go?
- Who should I approach for pledges?
- How much are we trying to raise?
- How long do I have to get money from sponsors?
- How is raising money for Walkathon different from Out Next Century?
- How do I thank people for sponsoring me?
- Do donors receive a tax receipt for supporting Walkathon?