Today's Prayer is by Isiah Flores and Tim Wong
As a faith and learning community we begin our day,
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Lord God we praise and thank you for the gift of this day and for the night’s rest.
We thank you God once again for blessing us with the gift of this beautiful day. We pray that you may be along our side during this restful spring break. May we be guided to a safe and healthy return next term.
Be with us Lord throughout this day, in our teaching, learning and all out activities.
May everything we do and say today be guided by gospel values; by the way Jesus would want us to treat one another as we are Called to Collaborate and Share Responsibility in Our Mission.
We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour. Amen.
Blessed Edmund Rice… Pray for Us.
Live Jesus in our Hearts… Forever.
In the name of the Father, and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.
Friday, March 9, 2018
"Call for Collaboration and Shared Responsibility in Our Mission"
- Dogwood Scholarship (Information received at VC March 8th)
- Gr. 12 students interested in applying for the Dogwood Scholarship in fine arts, physical activity, community service, applied skills, indigenous languages and culture, second languages, or technical training should read the document at the link below carefully. All components of the application must be received together in one package and dropped off by the student to York House School by April 6th. All requests for transcripts (using the Transcript Request Form) and letters of reference must be made prior to spring break.
- The “Man For Our Times” award is given annually to Senior School students who have demonstrated an exemplary commitment to the ideals of Vancouver College in academic, extra curricular activities and service to the school community. Students In Grade 10, 11 or 12 can pick up an application form from Mrs. Deutsch. Deadline for completed applications is Friday, April 6, 2018. Please see Mrs. Zelis if you have any questions.
- Course selection for Grades 9, 10 and 11 is open - Access through PowerSchool.
- Grade 12’s planning on attending Encounter, we will accept registration on a first come-first served basis as there are limited spots left. Make sure to hand in your forms to avoid disappointment!
- Attention: Grade 12 students: VC Boat Cruise on Friday April 6. Tickets are now on sale. Pick up a waiver form from Mr. Nardi asap. Only 140 tickets left for $55 each. This event will sell out…don’t miss out.
- Attention: Grade 11 and 12 Students: LFA Pre-Grad on Friday, April 13 at the Waterview Event Centre, downtown. Tickets are $65 and seating is limited. Check out the Poster for more details. You MUST have a cheque made payable to LFA AND your signed Consent Form at the time of ticket purchase. Waivers and Money can be dropped off to Mr. Nardi. Hope to see you there!
- Congratulations to our ski/snowboard team. Our skiers took 2nd place at Provincials in Sun Peaks. Individual awards went to Jack MacDonald for 2nd place overall and Tim Choi for 2nd place in the Terrain GS. A fantastic season boys, way to represent VC!
- Lacrosse Provincials Update:
Yesterday the Junior team battled all the way to the end against a very disciplined Royal Bay Team, although scoring in the dying seconds of the game, they ended up losing their final game of the provincial tournament. Game MVP went to Ethan Strik (Gr 10) who never gave up and rallied his team to keep battling. Congratulations for a great Junior season.
- The Senior Team played a nail-biter versus Nanaimo yesterday and although they ended up with a tie game, they maintained top seed and got a bye into the Semifinals. Game MVP went to goalie Matt Bees (Gr 12) for making an amazing save with just a few seconds left of the game.
- The Seniors play their Semifinal game TODAY at 11:30 am in Coquitlam. With another win, they will move onto the Senior Finals at 3 pm at Charles Best Secondary. Best of luck, Go Irish!"
- Irish Tennis try-outs continue TODAY at 4:00 pm at the Queen Elizabeth courts for the GREEN Group.
- There will be a quick meeting TODAY at 3:00 pm in room A200 for all Senior School students who are interested in playing ultimate frisbee this year. Attendance is mandatory!
- Track & Field registration continues! Forms are with Mr. Luciani and Mr. Sommerfeld and are due TODAY.
- Golf team tryouts are underway at McCleery driving range. All new players must see Mr. Olson in the band room to sign up for a try out session.
- Senior liturgy chamber choir practice TODAY at lunch in Ms Fung's room. Any grade 12s who would like to be a part of singing the tribute song for mothers during the Mother's Day Mass are welcome to come at lunch as well."
POST SECONDARY PRESENTATIONS
(Additional information can be found on the school website under Student Services)